Founder Senior Dietitian
I’m Kiah, I’m an online dietitian and founder of The PNW Clinic, a virtual nutrition clinic. I work in the areas of disordered eating and eating disorders, gut health, and plant based, vegan and vegetarian nutrition.
I believe that eating should be easy and enjoyable – not the cause of guilt, stress and anxiety!
Like many women, I used to be obsessed with the latest fad diets, food rules and trying to get the number lower on the scales. I felt like I was in a constant war with food and my own body. I was counting calories, caught up in the binge-restrict cycle and feeling anxious and guilty about everything I was eating.
Eventually I was fed up with living with thoughts about every food I had eaten and calorie I had consumed constantly on my mind. I knew it wasn’t sustainable, enjoyable and it was starting to have a big impact on my life and relationships.
At the same time, I decided to go plant-based to reduce my impact on the earth. It was through my own recovery journey , I am now the strongest, healthiest and happiest I have ever been!
My struggles have inspired me to help others as Accredited Practising Dietitian and in 2017 I founded PNW Clinic.
As a dietitian, my aim is to educate, support and inspire my clients to heal their relationship with food and their body, and become the healthiest versions of themselves (whatever that might look like to them!)
When I’m not helping clients optimise their plant-based diet or transform their relationship with food you can find me writing new articles for our blog, uploading posts on instagram (@nutritionbykiah) or spending time with my family and new baby Skyla.
KIAH CAN HELP YOU WITH:
- Intuitive eating, building body trust and returning hunger and fullness signals
- Reducing stress, guilt and anxiety around food and eating
- Improving Body Image
- Breaking free of the binge-overeat cycle
- Eating Disorders treatment – anorexia, bulimia, orthorexia and binge eating disorder.
- Reducing gut symptoms such as bloating, diarrhoea, constipation and digestive concerns.
- Managing digestive conditions – irritable bowel syndrome, coeliac disease, inflammatory bowel disease
- Vegan and vegetarian nutrition
- Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics (Hons)
- Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD), registered with Dietitians Australia
- Accredited Nutritionist
- Trained in the Low FODMAP Diet by Monash University
- Completed Eating Disorder Essentials for Dietitians training by Shane Jeffrey and Fiona Sutherland
- Completed RAVEs approach to Eating Disorder treatment training by Shane Jeffrey
- Completed Dietitian Essentials: The Treatment of Eating Disorders by Inside Out