Those following a vegan, vegetarian or plant based diet can be more at risk of developing iron deficiency. This is due to the iron found in plant-based foods is less bio-available than animal based foods (meaning that it is not as well absorbed).
Iron deficiency can lead to symptoms such as fatigue, tiredness, poor immune function, restless legs and issues concentrating.
If you’re finding it difficult to improve and maintain your iron levels, our Plant Based Iron Deficiency Guide is for you. In this guide we will discuss:
- What is iron?
- Why is it important for those following a plant based diet
- How much iron do you need each day
- Where can I find iron-rich foods on a vegan, vegetarian and plant-based diet
- Key dietary strategies to boost iron absorption
- How to manage iron deficiency
- What are the stages of iron deficiency
- Iron supplementation guide
- Interpreting blood tests for iron
- Putting it into practice – how to build an iron-rich meal
- Managing constipation
- Improving iron levels without supplementation
- Three day iron-rich meal plan with recipes and nutrient break down
The products or brands mentioned in this ebook are not affiliated with Plant Nutrition and Wellness. Plant Nutrition and Wellness does not receive any financial compensation for recommending these products or brands. This information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice. Do not use this information to diagnose or develop a treatment plan for a health problem or disease without consulting a qualified healthcare provider. If you are concerned about inadequate dietary iron intake or iron deficiency, please chat with your General Practitioner and visit an Accredited Practising Dietitian for tailored recommendations.