GESTATIONAL DIABETES DIETITIAN NUTRITIONIST
Gestational Diabetes Dietitian
Manage blood sugar levels during pregnancy
Plant Nutrition and Wellness’s team include an expert gestational diabetes dietitian and nutritionist Georgia D’Andrea. Georgia has a Masters of Dietetics from the University of Queensland and is a qualified Accredited Practising Dietitian and Accredited Nutritionist from Dietitans Australia .
Georgia offers online dietitian consultations for clients all around the world. You can see her using telehealth from the comfort of your own home no matter whether you’re from Sydney, London, New York or Auckland!
WHY IT’S IMPORTANT TO WORK WITH A DIETITIAN IF YOU HAVE GESTATIONAL DIABETES:
Pregnancy is a time when getting your diet right is more important than ever. Not only are you nourishing yourself, but you’re providing the fundamental building blocks for the beautiful baby within you. However, one in 7 Australian women are diagnosed with gestational diabetes, which can happen when your body cannot cope with the extra demand from insulin production. This causes high blood sugar levels, and if not looked after, can increase the risk of your baby being large for gestational age (LGA) which may require an emergency caesarean section and going into pre-term labour.
Other risks of gestational diabetes include an increased likelihood of long-term metabolic problems for the baby and higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes for the mother.
Gestational diabetes usually disappears after pregnancy but it’s important to manage blood sugar levels during pregnancy with nutrition and lifestyle strategies. Helpful tools include portion control, education on carbohydrates and glycaemic index, and regular physical activity.
PNW Clinic’s pregnancy and fertility dietitian Georgia D’Andrea can work with you to develop an individualised nutrition plan to meet the nutrition needs of yourself and your growing baby.Book Now
OUR NUTRITIONIST CAN HELP YOU WITH:
- Developing a tailored supplement plan to meet your needs during pregnancy
- Providing education on important nutrients you need throughout your pregnancy
- Ensuring you meet your increased calorie requirements through practical strategies
- Helping you regulate blood sugar levels with guidance on quantity and quality of carbohydrate foods
- Monitoring weight gain – ensuring you’re on track for your body shape
- Gestational diabetes meal plan, complete with a shopping list and portion sizes
WAYS YOU CAN WORK WITH US
- 1:1 consultations with our gestational diabetes dietitian
- Express Pregnancy Supplement Consults (coming soon)
THIS IS FOR YOU IF:
- You’ve received a diagnosis of gestational diabetes and feel unsure about how to best manage blood sugar levels
- You’ve been struggling to manage blood sugar levels on your own
- You’re overwhelmed by the hundreds of pregnancy supplements available, and not sure what’s best for you
- You’ve been googling gestational diabetes nutrition, but there’s just so much information out there you don’t know where to start!