COELIAC DISEASE DIETITIAN NUTRITIONIST
Coeliac Disease Dietitian
Nutrition to help you manage coeliac disease
Do you have a new diagnosis of coeliac disease, or are struggling to manage your condition?
The PNW Clinic Online Dietitian team include expert coeliac dietitian nutritionists Kiah Paetz, Megan Boswell and Georgia D’Andrea. Our dietitians are degree qualified with a Bachelors or Masters of Dietetics. They are all qualified as an Accredited Practising Dietitian and Accredited Nutritionist from Dietitians Australia.
Our dietitians offer online consultations for clients all around the world. You can see your dietitian using telehealth from the comfort of your own home no matter whether you’re from Melbourne, Chicago, Toronto or Christchurch!
WHY IT’S IMPORTANT TO WORK WITH A DIETITIAN WHEN YOU HAVE COELIAC DISEASE:
Coeliac disease is an autoimmune condition in which the body has an immune response to gluten (proteins in wheat, rye, barley, triticale and oats). Exposure to gluten results in inflammation and damage to the small bowel.
This prevents absorption of nutrients from food and can cause uncomfortable symptoms, including:
- Unintended weight loss
- Abdominal pain
- Anaemia or iron deficiency
At this stage, coeliac disease cannot be cured and the best treatment is a strict gluten-free diet. Only a very small amount of gluten is required to cause an immune reaction in the body. However, when the body no longer has exposure to gluten, the small bowel heals and symptoms improve.
Coeliac disease affects around one in every 100 people. If you suspect you may have coeliac disease but have not received a diagnosis yet, it is extremely important not to trial a gluten-free diet before undergoing testing, because you can receive a false negative result.
Working with a Coeliac Disease Dietitian at the PNW Clinic can help you to adopt a strict gluten-free diet for coeliac disease that includes adequate amounts of important nutrients such as B vitamins like vitamin B12, iron, iodine and zinc.
Your dietitian can work with you to develop an individualised nutrition plan that is realistic and achievable based on your needs. If you’re ready to seek help on your health journey with coeliac disease, book a discovery call with an expert Coeliac Dietitian at the PNW Clinic.BOOK NOW FREE DISCOVERY CALL
OUR DIETITIAN NUTRITIONIST CAN HELP YOU BY:
- Providing education on building balanced meals and snacks on a gluten-free diet
- Correcting micronutrient deficiencies such as anaemia or iron deficiency due to impaired absorption
- Creating a customised meal plan with recipes to inspire you on your gluten-free diet
- Providing strategies to reduce risk of gluten exposure from cross-contamination
- Helping you feel confident about making gluten-free swaps for your favourite recipes
- Making suggestions on coeliac-friendly restaurants, takeout and dining options
WAYS YOU CAN WORK WITH US
- Pay-as-you-go online consultations with a coeliac disease dietitian
- Weekly online nutrition coaching (subscription-based) with check-ins, meal planning guidance and private messaging support
Not sure which option would be right for you?
Book a free discovery call.
THIS IS FOR YOU IF:
- You have received a new diagnosis of coeliac disease and feel overwhelmed about managing your condition
- You have been following a gluten-free diet for coeliac disease for a while but are struggling to maintain this
- You’ve been struggling with fatigue and low energy levels
- You’ve had nutritional deficiencies or are concerned that you might be at risk of deficiency (for example iron, B12 or zinc deficiency)
- You’ve been googling coeliac disease nutrition, but there’s just so much information out there that you don’t know where to start!