ULCERATIVE COLITIS DIETITIAN NUTRITIONIST
Ulcerative Colitis Dietitian
Nutrition to help you manage Ulcerative Colitis
Do you have a new diagnosis of Ulcerative Colitis, or are struggling to manage your condition?
Plant Nutrition and Wellness’s team include expert Ulcerative Colitis dietitian nutritionists Kiah Paetz, Megan Boswell and Georgia D’Andrea. Our dietitians are degree qualified with a Bachelors or Masters of Dietetics. They are all qualified as an Accredited Practising Dietitian and Accredited Nutritionist from Dietitians Australia.
Our dietitians offer online consultations for clients all around the world. You can see your dietitian using telehealth from the comfort of your own home no matter whether you’re from Brisbane, New York, Toronto or Auckland!
WHY IT’S IMPORTANT TO WORK WITH A DIETITIAN WHEN YOU HAVE ULCERATIVE COLITIS:
Ulcerative Colitis is a type of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) that also includes Crohn’s Disease. These are conditions that lead to chronic inflammation of the digestive system. Symptoms include abdominal pain, fatigue, diarrhoea, malnutrition and weight loss. These conditions affect each person differently, however they can greatly affect your quality of life. There may be periods of remission and flare up which require different treatment approaches.
There is no known cure for Crohn’s Disease but it can be managed and symptoms can be improved with dietary and lifestyle changes. Working with an Ulcerative Colitis Dietitian at the PNW Clinic can help you to identify trigger foods, reverse malnutrition and improve uncomfortable gut symptoms.
Your dietitian can work with you to develop an individualised nutrition plan that is realistic and achievable based on your needs. If you’re ready to seek help on your health journey with Ulcerative Colitis, book a discovery call with an expert dietitian at the PNW Clinic.BOOK NOW FREE DISCOVERY CALL
OUR DIETITIAN NUTRITIONIST CAN HELP YOU BY:
- Providing education on building balanced meals and snacks on an anti-inflammatory, IBD-friendly diet
- Correcting micronutrient deficiencies such as anaemia or iron deficiency due to impaired absorption
- Creating a customised meal plan with recipes and snack ideas
- Providing guidance on a low-residue (low fibre) diet during active flare-ups
- Helping you identify triggers for uncomfortable gut symptoms
- Supervising a structured elimination diet (such as a low FODMAP diet) if appropriate
WAYS YOU CAN WORK WITH US
- Pay-as-you-go online consultations with an Ulcerative Colitis dietitian
- Weekly online nutrition coaching (subscription-based) with check-ins, meal planning guidance and private messaging support
Not sure which option would be right for you?
Book a free discovery call.
THIS IS FOR YOU IF:
- You have received a new diagnosis of Ulcerative Colitis and feel overwhelmed about managing your condition
- You have been trying to manage uncomfortable gut symptoms on your own but are not finding success
- You’ve been struggling with fatigue and low energy levels
- You’ve had nutritional deficiencies or are concerned that you might be at risk of deficiency (for example iron, B12 or zinc deficiency)
- You’ve been googling Ulcerative Colitis nutrition, but there’s just so much information out there that you don’t know where to start!